For a new programming project I thought I would investigate new programming languages, packages, IDE's and the sort to take advantage of improvements made since the last time I did any programming. For this project I thought I would try Clojure.
After sifting through the multitude of available packages and plugins I seemed to have found a package set which would work for me: Curl, Leiningen, Emacs, Clojure-mode for Emacs, SLIME, and Noir - not to mention some decompression programs gzip and 7-zip.
This whole project was derailed because I was unable to get Leiningen to run on my windows machine (yes, I have java installed). It probably would work on a linux machine if I were running Ubuntu, but I don't have that luxury.
Instead I decided to use python, and Pyramid for a web framework.
Well, today has been several hours of frustration . . . and only now does it seem the project is even getting off the ground. Well, it is late now so I'll be going to bed before I'll see if python is going to work for this. I'll update after I make some significant progress on this new project, which considering I have other work and this is only a side project - it will probably be a while.